Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welcome to my world. This is me, Rolig Loon.






There are so many great designers in Second Life, it's intimidating to jump in and start selling the things I create. Everyone has a signature style and creates a special niche. If you're like me when you shop, you look for a designer whose niche matches your own personality. Not just great fabrics and lines, but great fabrics and lines that say "This is me!"




So, OK, this is me, red hair and all. It's not one of my own dresses, though. This is a lovely batik summer dress that I bought from Nicky Ree's a while ago. I like it, and it does say "Me." I'm a lot more than this dress says I am, though, so I started designing clothes that express other facets of my personality. If I'm really lucky, maybe they'll match some part of your personality too.


This little black cocktail dress is me too, but a different me. It's the one I call "Sophisticated Night Out." It's for dancing, or wearing to someplace special that doesn't call for a fancy ball gown but where you want to feel feminine, a bit sexy, and well, ... sophisticated. The skirt
hangs just below the knee and has a flare that adds a bit of flounce when you walk. It's a smooth, silky fabric. The bodice is lacy -- just see-through enough that you'll want to wear a nice black bra with it -- over a pleated midriff. A nice, simple design with clean, classic lines. This is the kind of dress I wear when I want to look and feel pretty. When people see me, I want them to say, "Wow!" but I want that Wow to say more than "That's a great dress!" If the dress looks great, it's because it makes ME look great.







This Flowered Sun Dress has a different look. I like warm colors, and a pastel yellow makes me feel summery. This one's for wearing on a picnic, or shopping, or just wandering in an open-air sim with a friend. The yellow fabric grades from a strong pastel tone at the hem of the skirt to a very pale tone at the bodice and features stylized red-orange flowers. The mid-thigh length flexi skirt swings gently as you walk. If I could turn around here, you'd see that the straps come together high across my shoulders, and then the back of the dress is open from there to my lower back.








Finally, here's a blue-lavender summer dress that I really loved making. It's my "Summer Butterflies" dress. The hemline is below the knee again -- dresses swing better when they have a little length -- and this time the bodice is strapless. The fabric's background color varies very gently from one place to another, as if thin lavender clouds were blowing across the sky, and swarms of small, colorful butterflies rise from the hem to the bust line. I wanted to make this dress look especially soft, so it has two skirts with the same pattern: a translucent outer layer that responds lightly to the breeze, and an opaque underskirt that gives the dress body. This one is nicely feminine. You'll love it too, I hope.




So where is my shop? It's Så Roligt! on Elysian Isle (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Elysian%20Isle/145/76/33), between Chapeau Tres Mignon and Muse -- a wonderful location. Please come by to visit and, if you see something you like, take it home with you. Nothing pleases me more than seeing my designs on someone with good taste.

No comments: