Friday, January 18, 2008

Very Classy Jewelry


I have something special to share today. My friend Katt Tomsen, a very talented jewelry designer, has begun selling her work through my shop on Elysian Isle and at Cybergrrl Oh's new shop, Athena Wares.


Katt must have incredible eyesight and patience. She does all of her work with nanoprims, which are technically below the minimum size limit for prims -- very tiny. She told me that she uses five different basic prims and then "strings" them painstakingly to create necklaces, bracelets, and anklets. She also makes great little stud earrings (no, the ones I'm wearing in these photos aren't hers -- sorry).




I've been looking for a classic pearl necklace to go with the Little Black Dress I showed you in my last blog entry. Katt offered me two styles ... a single strand choker and a triple strand one. The triple strand one has 252 prims! I could never afford that many pearls in RL.


Now I don't know which one I like best. Guess I just have to trade off on alternate days.


Oh, and here's one of Katt's bracelets. Again, it's an elegant single strand of black pearls .... understated, but so chic.

I am so glad that Katt could join me. Her jewelry and my dresses are a perfect match.

Note (3/14/08): Katt has opened her own shop now, right next to my own new shop on Rich Idiot Island (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rich%20Idiot/144/122/35). Come see!


< < < < > > > >


No tour today, sorry. How about another poem?




Commitment, by Rolig Loon


Eternity seems like a dreadfully long time.

But I guess that’s the point,
isn’t it?

I mean, what if eternity was
an April morning between the Big Bang and the Apocalypse
and then

WHAM

Armageddon came
and you never had a chance to ask,
What’s for lunch?
Shall we take in the museum this afternoon?

I would at least like a minute to grab a snack
(perhaps a peach?)
before …
well, whatever happens next.

No, if we’re going to be together for eternity,
it had better be forever.

No comments: