Sunday, May 17, 2009


Whoa! It's been way too long since I posted anything here. Sorry about that. I ought to at least put up a few photos of fairly recent designs, so you can see that I haven't just been sleeping.



This first one is a lovely spring dress with a lilac print and a broad cumberbund. It flows very nicely and is just the thing for a May afternoon.








The next one is just as pretty, but more summery. You can't tell from the photo, but it has a deeper cut neckline and is a lot more relaxed than the lilac dress. The rose print is very soft and delicate.










I went nuts with plaids for a while too, and made a line of pleated skirts ... some ankle length and some, like this next one, knee length. Pleats are great fun to make and to wear (so long as you don't have to press them). I like this particular plaid because it's bright. I can wear this blue turtleneck sweater with it and be ready for cool evenings, or can wear my blue-gray silk blouse for the warmer afternoons.






The other two I'll post now are ones you may remember seeing before, but not for a while. This little black dress has always been a favorite of mine, and it has sold well. It's nice and simple ... off the shoulder and decorated with a wide bow at the hip. It makes a nice cocktail dress... just the thing for an evening of dancing.



The last one is another that you have seen, but I have modified recently. It's the 1930's style dress I called Hyacinth. I think it looks very elegant with this hat and white gloves, don't you?


OK, this wasn't a wordy post, but I hope you liked the photos. I'm thinking of opening a new shop and using this style of posters to show my work ... maybe this summer. If so, I'll be sure to post the SLURL here so you know where to come.



No comments: