Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday Night!

I just made a lovely soft pink dress that would be perfect for a night out. When I was designing the fabric for it, I wanted something that would look feminine and would have a bouncy, party feel, so I sprinkled the cotton-candy background with lots of tiny confetti. So, what should I call this pretty, strapless dress? I know! ....... "Confetti" (Duh!)

I could just put it in the shop for you to enjoy, but I want to enjoy it too. I want to go dancing! It's Saturday night, so I'm going to head for the Jazz Cat, on Infotainment Island.

The Jazz Cat is a very special place. My friend Marimar is the hostess on Saturday nights, and she has the best music -- a lot of jazz and smooth melodies that you can really dance to. That's Marimar in the Christmas hat, and there's me. I don't think this is a waltz.

The dance floor here is a real dark marble, so my pink dress shows up nicely, even when the lights are turned down low. The club is surrounded by a lake that makes it feel like you're on an island somewhere. It's winter, so the lake is frozen now. (I wonder where the fish go?)

Some people come so they can go ice skating to the music, but not me. I'm here to dance! Marimar is playing Sinatra and some of the Big Band era stuff tonight. So smooth.








Up there behind the Christmas tree are photos of some of my favorite jazz musicians ... Coltrane, Monk, Parker ... .

When I come here, I usually come with friends, and we have a great time. If you come with a date, the Jazz Cat has wonderful private skyboxes where you can go dancing in the clouds. It is such fun, and so romantic.

I think I could just stay here all night. Hmmmmm...... ;-)

Hey, who are those guys in jeans? Fashion police!

No comments: