Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Time to relax



Remember the "Floral Spring" skirt I was wearing the other day when we visited Mi Pueblo, the cantina on Info Island International? The one with the pretty watercolor flowers? I really like gentle, pastel tones, so I tend to wear that skirt a lot. That's it in the photo at the left.








I like that skirt enough, in fact, that I have made it twice. The second time, I wondered what the floral print would look like of it had a ruffled border around the hem and grass-green waistband instead of the pale yellow one. Here's what the second style looks like. Notice that I also decided to raise the hem so that it hits just about at my knees. What do you think?


Frankly, I can't decide what style looks best, so I thought I'd let you have a choice. They are both in my shop on Elysian Isle. If you can't decide either, maybe you'd like to buy both?

< < < < < > > > > >


Let's go relax somewhere. In the southeast corner of Info Island International, right next to Mi Pueblo, there's a quiet little orchard. I like to come here just to get away from the world sometimes. Do you do that too? I mean, have a private place where you just like to lie on your back in the grass and watch clouds, or sit under a tree with a good book?



Well, you can do that in the orchard. It is soooooo peaceful.


The apple and pear trees always seem to have fruit on them. I wonder why? Some day I'm going to have to figure out how to pick some and take them home. Someone has a head start on me, and already has a full basket on the cart. Hmmmmm..... maybe he won't mind if I take just one while I'm standing here.





This is an absolutely gigantic apple tree. The person who has been picking apples went off and left his ladder, so you can climb up and sit on a high rung. Probably not a good idea in heels. It's safer to just click on the light green pillow, put my feet up, and daydream. I could do that for hours. ;-)


(It's a good thing we're in SL. If this were an orchard in RL, those apples on the ground would be loaded with wasps and I'd have one up my skirt by now. Isn't that a pleasant thought!)



Oh, . . and if you don't want to just lie around and be lazy, there is the neatest tree here! It is scripted so you can climb all over it and sit in high branches, or even hang by your knees from a lower limb. Such fun! I'm not going to show you pictures of that part, though, because my skirt ends up over my head when I do that, and that's not the most graceful pose to put in a blog. Instead, here's me on a swing.



Sometimes, you just have to find somewhere to be a kid. This is my place, and I don't mind sharing it. Come on over. We can both hang by our knees and you know what? You can wear your nice skirt. It won't get dirty or anything. This is Second Life!


No comments: