Saturday, December 15, 2007

International House

Such a busy time! The holidays sneak up on me too fast every year, but this year seems busier than usual.

I have been showing visitors around Info Island International recently, so I decided that I had to have something bright to wear. Here it is ... a straight skirt and V-neck blouse combination in an eye-popping orange that I decided to call "Sunrise." The fabric for the skirt is a coarse weave that looks and feels very comfortable. Nobody is going to lose me in the crowd!


If you'd like to stand out in your crowd, you'll find this new outfit in my shop on Elysian Isle.

I always start my day in Second Life right here, in the open-air living room of International House. We don't get rain here, and the snow hardly ever amounts to much, so who needs a front door?

This is what International House looks like from the outside. I pretend that it's my home, but it is really a gathering place where people can hold meetings or receptions. It is right in the extreme northeastern corner of Info Island International. Just beyond the trees on the left is Bell Library, which is the tallest building on Info Island, the sim next door, and to the right is International Plaza. The wrap-around patio is a great place to sit and watch the world go by, and I have set out a picnic blanket and some goodies under a huge tree in the side yard for people who would like to stay for a while and chat.

Come on inside! You can see we have plenty of comfortable seating, and a bar for when people need a break from those long meetings. I really like these chairs. You can even get super relaxed and put your feet up on the table.

As you might expect in some place called International House, the decor here is quite cosmopolitan. There's a lovely old map of the world over the fireplace, and poster artwork that reminds you of places around the world. There's even a lovely ikebana flower arrangement on the landing to the second floor.

Speaking of which .... let's go up.


The seminar room on the second floor is much more private. It's just the right size for a few people to sit, have a cup of coffee, and get down to serious business. It would also be a fine place for a professor to hold office hours with students, maybe talk over a research project.



The view from here is wonderful. That's the headquarters building of the Alliance Library System directly behind me outside. ALS is the coordinating entity for all of the islands in this region, and is our landlord here.


The concourse in front of their building is where we have exhibitions of public art and where we gather for special events.


So, this is not really my house, but it feels like my home in SL. Drop in next time you are in the area. If I'm here, we can sit and visit. If not, well .... relax by the fireplace. Mi casa es su casa!

No comments: